|Category||Equipment > Resources|
|Size||4 Slots (2x2)|
|Stack Limit||8 Leathers|
|Repairable With||Leather Sewing Kit|
|Locations||Obtained via Crafting|
“Tanned leather. — In-game description
The Tanned Leather is a type of equipment in DayZ Standalone.
It is crafted from wildlife pelts, garden lime, and water inside of an oil barrel. The number of tanned leather pieces received from a pelt depends on the animal species, and the amount of garden lime needed depends on the number of tanned leathers received from a pelt (5% of a bag of garden lime per tanned leather crafted). The only use tanned leathers have in-game are to craft various leather items, which can in turn be colored brown using oak bark or black using nails.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Crafting Tanned Leather:
- Open the lid of the oil barrel.
- Put in one of these pelts:
- Add garden lime to the barrel.
- Pour in water (no need to fill the barrel, a small amount will suffice).
- Close the lid.
- Select "Tan Pelt".
- Wait for 3 minutes.
- Open lid and remove.
- Coloring crafted items (except the water pouch):
Note: If more than the required amount of nails are used, then a varied amount of the extras will be consumed as well.
Tanned Leather[edit | edit source]
Leather Items[edit | edit source]
- A Bone Fishing Hook can be used in place of the Leather Sewing Kit for creating leather items.
- As of the 1.0 update, Tanned Leather cannot currently be crafted into any of the aforementioned clothing types.