Gallery change[edit source]
Since gamepedias was updated, it is possible to use better gallery tags, see . So how about using the packed-hover tag. I tink it looks good, it works better with the page layout and we can use it for locations too and won't need that custom gallery anymore.
Locations (no text, no hover)[edit source]
Items (text on hover)[edit source]
- No, not on the main category pages of course :) Although the boxes need a rework... --RocknRolla7 (talk) 22:21, 28 December 2014 (UTC)
- So, after trying the packed-hover layout a bit I think it was a bad suggestion :) It zooms and formats automatically so that sometimes half of the gallery has a different size. Looks very ugly. I will look for a better solution. Regards, --RocknRolla7 (talk) 20:07, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- I'm still not sure what looks better
<gallery mode=packed heights=250px> ... </gallery>Note the 's' in heights. Let's use 250px. 300 is too big.
- Whoa! There is NO WAY that is the same scale as the old gallery code. 300px on the old scale was much, much smaller than 250px is showing on this new gallery code. Something isn't right there. The old 300px is closer to ~185px on this new gallery code (see below). I'm not sure why 250px looks SO MUCH bigger than 200px. I appreciate you informing me that it is adjustable. Would a standard of 200px for location galleries be agreeable? I will go through and change all the location pages in the next few days and move on to the other categories if they are not done yet. I do like the new format better (especially because it is less code), it will just take some adjustment. Thank you again! --Tatanko (talk) 19:15, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
- Sadly the gallery extensions has some really weird quirks. Pictures above are so big because it stretches them if there is less than a certain amount of space left to the sides of it. Resize your browser window and enjoy the brainfucks xD
- Is it possible to change the alignment of the gallery? By default it is centered; what if I need, say, a single image aligned to the right (for style purposes)? I'll post the old code below so you know what I mean, but an example of this would be the Shelter page. I can continue to use the old code for single images like this, but to me it would be nicer to have a border-less style that matches the new gallery code. --Tatanko (talk) 20:09, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
- Never mind, I answered my own question. I keep forgetting about the "thumb" option in the code not needing to be there.
- Sooo why is it that the "widths" modifier for the gallery tag doesn't seem to change anything? According to it's described purpose on the Gampedia Help wiki it should work, but it doesn't seem to have any function here on the DayZ wiki. I'm thinking I could use it to control image sizes a little bit better so that things don't look so drastically different from browser-to-browser, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I am for sure using "widths" too (plural), not "width". --Tatanko (talk) 12:57, 23 January 2015 (UTC)