This page covers the Mod version of DayZ. For information on the Standalone see Traps
Traps are craftable items that can be used to distract or otherwise injure zombies or other players.
Tripwires are a piece of cord placed on the ground and attached to an object to be triggered when walked over.
It can be crafted with the following items (providing distraction or injury)
- Flares - sets off a flare when walked over, providing light in the trap location. This can be used to bait players and is particularly useful at night (as it illuminates the zombie/survivor that triggered it)
- Smoke grenades - whilst not a particular nuisance to players, smoke grenades can distract zombies allowing a survivor to get away.
- Grenades - sets off a grenade that will usually kill the survivor/zombie triggering it
- Flare: String, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Road Flare
- Grenade: String, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, M67 Frag Grenade
- Smoke: String, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Smoke Grenade
Bear traps by themselves are usually sufficient to break a survivors legs and possibly kill if they are low on blood. They can now be crafted to either include a flare (making them highly visible during night) or with a smoke grenade (which will attract nearby zombies and increase a survivors visibility.
- Flare: String, Bear Trap, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Road Flare
- Smoke: String, Bear Trap, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Smoke Grenade