Consumables are items which disappear after use. These include food, water, medical supplies and tactical consumables. Many are used simply by entering the gear menu, right-clicking on the desired item, and selecting the 'use' option.
Food[edit | edit source]
There are various food types available in DayZ. These replenish the hunger meter and increase the players blood volume by a varying amounts. All food types now have a diminishing effect so the more you try and eat at once, the less blood you will get in return.
- Canned food increases blood by about 200
- Cooked meat increase blood by up to 1600
- Meal Ready to Eat (not only replenishes hunger but also thirst)
- Trout increases blood by 1000
- Seabass increases blood by 1400
- Tuna increases blood by 2000
Water[edit | edit source]
Drinks quench the thirst of a player.
Water has a risk of carrying disease, and should be boiled before consuming.
Medical Supplies[edit | edit source]
Provides a cure to whatever Status Effect the player is suffering from.