We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
This page covers the Mod version of DayZ. For information on the Standalone see Ammunition
Ammunition refers to the magazines, clips, rounds, cartridges, shells, bolts, and 40mm grenade launcher rounds that the weapons in DayZ use.
Ammunition Conversion[edit | edit source]
In DayZ, some sets of ammunition can be converted into similar sets of ammunition by right-clicking the ammunition and selecting the appropriate option. These conversions only work between ammunition sets that contain the same round. Ammunition conversions are reversible. The number of rounds in ammunition sets is conserved between conversions. The following ammunition sets may be converted:
- .45 ACP and M1911 Mag — .45 ACP
- DMR Mag and M24 Mag — 7.62×51mm NATO
- 2rnd Pellet and 8Rnd. Pellet
- 2rnd Slug and 8Rnd. Slug
- 30Rnd STANAG and G36 Mag
Sidearms[edit | edit source]
- .45 ACP — 6 rounds
- M1911 Mag — 7 rounds
- Makarov Mag — 8 rounds
- Makarov SD Mag — 8 rounds subsonic
- G17 Mag — 17 rounds
- G17 SD Mag — 17 rounds subsonic
- M9 Mag — 15 rounds
- M9 SD Mag — 15 rounds subsonic
- PDW Mag — 30 rounds
Crossbows[edit | edit source]
Machine Guns[edit | edit source]
- M249 Belt — 200 rounds linked
- M240 Belt — 100 rounds linked
- RPK Mag - 75 round drum
- RPK-74 Mag - 75 round drum
Shotguns[edit | edit source]
The shotgun shells used in DayZ are 2.75" 12 gauge shotgun shells.
Submachine Guns[edit | edit source]
- MP5 Mag — 30 rounds
- MP5 SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- Bizon SD Mag — 64 rounds subsonic
- Bizon Mag — 64 rounds
Rifles[edit | edit source]
Assault Rifles[edit | edit source]
- AK Mag — 30 rounds
- AK SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- AKM Mag — 30 rounds
- STANAG Mag — 30 rounds
- STANAG SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- G36 Mag - 30 rounds
- G36 SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- FAL Mag — 20 rounds
Sniper Rifles[edit | edit source]
- CZ550 Mag — 5 rounds in an unspecified chambering
- DMR Mag — 20 rounds
- M24 Mag — 5 rounds
- SVD Dragunov Mag — 10 rounds
M203 Grenade Launcher[edit | edit source]
All M203 rounds are 40x46mm grenades.
High Explosive[edit | edit source]
M203 HE grenade rounds are used to inflict explosive and fragmentation damage in a small area. They require a minimum arming distance.
Star Parachute[edit | edit source]
When shot upwards into the air, M203 'star parachute' rounds will provide good illumination over a wide area for around 40 seconds.
Smoke[edit | edit source]
M203 smoke rounds will spew white smoke upon impact, creating a short-lived smokescreen in a small area.