|Category||Weapons > Firearm|
|Repairable With||Duct Tape, Weapon Cleaning Kit|
|Size||24 Slots (8x3)|
|Fire Modes||Full Auto, Semi Auto|
|Rate of Fire||
800 rounds/min (Full Auto)|
<480 rounds/min (Semi Auto)
|Magazines||30rd Standardized Mag|
M4-A1 Carry Handle Sights |
M4-A1 Polymer Handguard |
M4-A1 Rail Handguard
M4-A1 MP Handguard
M4-A1 Telescopic Buttstock |
M4-A1 CQB Buttstock
M4-A1 MP Buttstock
Standardized Suppressor |
Plastic Bottle Suppressor
“Selective-fire assault rifle, fed from a standardized detachable magazine. Offers a lot of customization with attachments. Uses 5.56x45mm rounds. — In-game description
The M4-A1 is a firearm in DayZ Standalone.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The M4-A1 is a weapon suited to short-medium range firing. The high rate of fire in Full Auto makes it suitable for close-range encounters, and its Semi Auto fire mode allows for greater control at further ranges, however long range firing is not recommended. The weapon has fairly low recoil.
Specific attachments can reduce the dispersion of the rifle, increasing its accuracy, such as buttstocks, handguards, optics and suppressors. The rifle spawns with a polymer handguard and buttstock, however there is only a chance of it spawning with a magazine.
Attachments[edit | edit source]
Optics[edit | edit source]
Handguards[edit | edit source]
Buttstocks[edit | edit source]
Muzzles[edit | edit source]
Illumination[edit | edit source]
* Requires M4-A1 Rail Handguard to attach.
Wraps[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The M4-A1 is based upon the real life M4A1 carbine, chambered in 5.56×45mm NATO.
- As of 0.63, the M4-A1 returned to being a Military loot weapon, instead of being exclusive to UH-1Y Venom Helicopter Crash Sites.
- Before 1.0, the M4-A1 was named the M4A1.
- The M4A1 did not spawn for the duration of 0.59. It is possible this was done on purpose, as it was then spawned illegitimately by hackers -- making it easier to track them down.