|Category||Weapons > Ranged|
Weapon Cleaning Kit
|Size||24 Slots (8x3)|
|Weight||2 kg (5 lb)|
|Fire Modes||Semi-Auto, Full-Auto|
|Rate of Fire||~600 rounds/min|
|Noise||4 (Very Loud)|
|Zeroing||100m - 1000m|
|Magazines||75rd KA-M Drum Mag|
KA Wooden Handguard|
KA Polymer Handguard
KA Rail Handguard
KA Wooden Buttstock|
KA Folding Buttstock
KA Polymer Buttstock
Plastic Bottle Suppressor
|Wraps||Ghillie Rifle Wrap|
“Selective-fire assault rifle fed from a detachable magazine. Modernized variant with a lot of attachments available. Uses 7.62x39mm rounds. — In-game description
The KA-M is to be considered an excellent all-around weapon due to its considerable power coupled with its capacity for longer range engagements using the PSO-1 scope. However, the KA-M suffers from extreme recoil which results in a serious loss of accuracy and difficulty in leading a target even at medium ranges if fired in bursts or the fully automatic mode. Therefore it is recommended to only use the KA-M's fully automatic mode at close range.
Weapon attachments are any accessories or devices that attach to a firearm in order to add, improve or modify the weapon's functionality or performance. In DayZ Standalone these attachments take the form of sights/optics, handguards, buttstocks, muzzle devices, barrel and handguard attachments and gun wraps.
Sights and Optics
- Until Beta, the weapon was called the AKM, but was renamed for legal reasons.
- The AKM was added in the 0.45.123906 Experimental version.
- The model of the KA-M is made by @artguyharry.
- The KA-M is the only Kalashnikov in DayZ Standalone which can use multiple types of magazines.
- In order to attach the bipod to the KA-M, one must first spray paint the handguard rail black.