Helicopter Crash Sites
- This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Helicopter Crash Sites
General[edit | edit source]
There are two types of helicopter wrecks: the American UH-1Y-Venom crashes and the Soviet Mi-8 crashes.
The crash sites can be found spawning at pre-determined, but randomly chosen, locations throughout the map. The wrecks are typically the source of the highest tier military loot in the game, with automatic rifles such as the the M4-A1 and LAR, and powerful weapons such as the VSS and the VSD.
The Mi-8 crashes don't produce smoke, making them harder to spot at a distance.
History (0.45)[edit | edit source]
In addition to the the random crash sites, there were also three fixed helicopter crash sites. These were removed as of 0.49. They could be found in the following places:
- (040 130) - in the swamp area south of Balota
- (134 039) - close to the Rify shipwreck site
- (083 093) - in the abandoned town of Kumyrna
As of 0.51, these crash sites spawn Steyr AUG Automatic Rifles and its attachments and magazines. The old Black Hawk crash site model was replaced with a UH-1Y crash site model in this update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Current Models[edit | edit source]
Old Models[edit | edit source]
These are images of older models of helicopter crash sites as well as old static sites that were removed:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 0.51, crashed helicopter at the random sites appears to be a Sikorsky UH-60 "Black Hawk", or at least a similar model.
- As of 0.51, the western American crashed helicopters seem to be Bell UH-1Y Venom, or at least based on it.