|Category||Vehicles > Ground|
|Capacity||300 Slots (300x)|
|Top Speed||173 kph|
|Locations||Villages, Towns, Isolated POI|
The Gunter 2, known in-game as the Civilian Hatchback, is a vehicle in DayZ Standalone.
General[edit | edit source]
The Gunter 2 is based on the VolksWagen Golf MKII. It has 4 doors, and comes in 3 colors: Blue, Red, and Black. It can be found anywhere on any map. Currently the fastest vehicle in the game, and has 5 gears, whereas most cars have 4. This is one of the most common cars along with the Sarka 120.
Performance[edit | edit source]
The Gunter 2 is currently the fastest vehicle in Dayz Standalone as of Patch 1.06. It has 5 gears with VERY long gears getting it up to about 55km/h in 2nd gear.
The Gunter 2 is generally an enjoyable car to drive however it can be a little slippy around corners so slow down before turning.
Parts & Maintenance[edit | edit source]
To get the Gunter 2 working you'll need
Fluids:[edit | edit source]
As of version 1.0, cars no longer require Motor Oil.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Setting up and maintenance[edit | edit source]
Getting the Parts[edit | edit source]
The following parts are necessary to get the Gunter 2 operational, as of v1.0:
The following fluids are necessary for a healthy, long running car:
The following parts are optional, but recommended for the safety of vehicle occupants:
- 1x Gunter 2 Front Left Door
- 1x Gunter 2 Front Right Door
- 1x Gunter 2 Rear Left Door
- 1x Gunter 2 Rear Right Door
- 1x Gunter 2 Hood
- 1x Gunter 2 Trunk Door
- 2x Headlight Bulb
NOTE: SINCE 1.02 WHEN YOU TAKE OFF THE RADIATOR FROM THE VEHICLE, WATER WILL BE REMOVED!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Four Door Hatchback is modeled after real-life Volkswagen Golf II produced in various versions between 1983-1992.
- It was previewed on the DayZ Trello board on Sept. 13th, 2016.
- It was implemented in the 1.03 patch.
- Prior to its release it was named Four Door Hatchback.
- The Gunter 2 is known to spawn at the same spawn points as the Olga 24.
- Despite needing 4 tires to reach the maximum speed, it is possible for the Gunter 2 to be driven with only 3 tires, and will not destroy the car. However the car will not be able to reach speeds over 40 KMH