|Size||16 Slots (4x4)|
|Locations||Must be Crafted|
“Fireplace provides energy for various purposes such as building up heat comfort or cooking foods. — In-game description
The Fireplace is a craftable equipment item. Once lit, it can be used to cook food and provide warmth and light to any nearby survivors. Be aware, standing too close to the fire will harm you and cause both health and shock damage.
WARNING: As of version 1.02 all forms of fireplace have a persistence bug that may despawn them after 24 in game hours have past. Deleting all items, upgrades, and attachments to the fireplace.
As of version 1.08, the fireplace cannot be ignited in interior space with a ceiling height of below 5 meters
How it Works[edit | edit source]
To construct and light a basic fireplace, you'll need some form of kindling (Wooden Stick + Rag, Paper, Oak Bark, or a Bandage), either additional Wooden Sticks or Firewood to burn as fuel, and Matches, Road Flare or a Hand Drill Kit to ignite the fire. Once a basic fireplace is crafted, it may be placed almost anywhere on the ground, or inside of a pre-built fireplace/wood oven inside of a house.
- After creating the basic fireplace, you'll need to add fuel in the form of Wooden Sticks or Firewood. Adding either of these is done through the inventory screen, by placing it "on" the basic fireplace as an attachment. Any Wooden Sticks or Firewood (or anything else for that matter) added to the 10 slot cargo area will simply be destroyed. You can add up to 5 Wooden Sticks and 3 Firewood at a time as a single stack, which will burn 1 piece at a time until they are all consumed. Combining Wooden Sticks or Firewood to their stacks as they burn away extends the life of the campfire.
- Ignite the fireplace by holding a Matchbox, Road Flare or Hand Drill Kit and lighting it up. How easy it is to start a fire depends on weather conditions such as wind strength and rain. Starting a fire in wind and/or rain will result in added difficulty in doing so successfully, and may also cause your fire to stop burning.
- If all of the fuel for a fireplace has been consumed or weather results in the fire going out, it can be reignited by looking at the still-glowing fireplace while it remains warm and blowing air into via scrolling your mouse wheel and selecting the appropriate option. This will only work so long as there is some sort of fuel in the fireplace such as firewood, so if it has all been consumed, more will need to be added before reigniting the fireplace is possible.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
- A Stone Ring can be added to the fireplace by adding a pile of 8 full-sized Stones.[clarify]
- You can turn the fireplace into a Stone Oven by adding a pile of 16 full-sized Stones, which can then have a Cooking Pot attached to it.
- It is also possible to combine a Cooking Tripod with the fireplace as well, which has the same capabilities as the stone oven.
Cooking with a Fireplace[edit | edit source]
- In order to use a Long Wooden Stick, equip it to your hands and drag the meat from your inventory onto it. Look at the fireplace for the option to "point" the stick at it.
- In order to use a Cooking Pot, you will need to first fill it with water. To add a Cooking Pot to the fireplace, it must first be upgraded to a stone oven or a Cooking Tripod must be used to hang the pot. Once you have added the Cooking Pot to the fireplace, you may add raw meat or produce to the cooking pot.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Basic Fireplace
- Adding Fuel
NOTE: Amounts shown are the maximum of each fuel item that can be added. As little as one of each item may be added at a time.
- Fireplace with Stone Ring
- Fireplace with Cooking Tripod
- Stone Oven
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Stone Oven w/ Cooking Pot