DayZ Wiki Update Project! — DayZ has undergone a lot of big changes in a short timespan. We need you to help us keep our pages and images up to date! Want to get started? Follow the link or Join the Update Project on Discord!
Please take a moment to fill out this survey on your gaming habits!
DayZ:Manual of Style
This Manual of Style outlines a standard of clean, consistent formatting for articles on the DayZ Wiki. The formatting described here is a guideline and can be overridden where circumstances warrant it. These guidelines will never be unerringly perfect for every situation. However, please try your best to keep to the advice outlined in this article so others may use your edits as an example when creating and editing their own articles.
These guidelines are a summary of the most important guidelines for the wiki, but a more expansive set of guidelines can be found on Wikipedia's own Manual of Style. Feel free to discuss this article on the Discussion page above.
See Article Template for general article layout for most of the sites in this wiki.
Images make an article memorable. They can speak where words fail. At the same time, misplaced or untidy images can detract from an article. When choosing images, keep in mind placement, size, and the appropriateness of the image to the section. Let images flow with the text instead of breaking it up.
- Keep copyright in mind when uploading images. Screenshots are considered to fall under fair use.
- Images should be of the highest quality possible. For tips on how to compose a good shot, see Tatanko's Guide To Screenshots.
- When taking a screenshot, set your game to the absolute highest graphical options possible.
- Crop if necessary -- don't leave a ton of "empty" space for the image.
- Try to use the JPEG format for general screenshots and PNG format for items, icons, logos, drawings, flags, and other images with relatively few colors but sharp color transitions or transparent backgrounds.
- You should always be careful not to overwhelm an article with images by adding more just because you can. Any image you apply to the article should add value in some way.
- Unused images should be deleted. Images can be marked for deletion by using the
For our video policy and assistance with adding them to an article, see our YouTube help page.
Color Code[edit source]
Established colors have been put in place for each category of article (or infobox, etc.) in order to maintain consistency across the wiki. When creating something new for the site, please do your best to adhere to the chart of corresponding colors below.
|#e67300||Food and Drinks|