- This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Castles
General[edit | edit source]
Due to their prominence, the history of Chernarus is notably characterised by castles, keeps, and fortresses - built at the turn of the 11th and 12th century by Duke Kozlov, for the means of protecting important roads and grounds, which were often attacked from the sea and by northern neighbors. In Livonia, Branzów Castle remains the only one of its kind, through its origins likely stem from the same need to defend and oversee the nearby settlement of Topolin.
Castles vary in configuration, shape, and size, but all follow a similar layout; an outer wall encompassing a Bergfried Tower, and perhaps some stone bastions and archways. Repurposed as tourist attractions for the modern era, most also sport features such as wooden stairs, kiosks, and pubs.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Devil's Castle (near Severograd)
- Dwarf's Castle (near Old Fields)
- Klyuch (near Svergino)
- Krona Castle (near Bogatyrka)
- Rog Castle (near Topolka Dam)
- Voron Castle (on Skalisty Island
- Zolotar Castle (on Black Mountain)
- Zub Castle (near Vyshnoye)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The ruins near Svergino
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fictional history of Chernarus: the setting for both ArmA II and DayZ. Based on the assumption that DayZ takes place in a branching timeline after the events of ArmA II.