Brain Prion Disease
|Brain Prion Disease|
Random outbursts of laughter,|
|Prevention||Avoid consuming human meat|
Brain Prion Disease: AKA: 'The Giggles' or more commonly 'Kuru' is an incurable neuro-degenerative disease in DayZ Standalone.
Virulence[edit | edit source]
|Progression||High||How quickly a disease grows and spreads in an infected host.|
|Infectiousness||None||The ease at which a disease can spread from one Survivor to another.|
|Resistance||A disease's resistance to antibiotics.|
|Potency||Extremely Potent||A disease's resistance and ability to fight the host's immune system.|
Cause:[edit | edit source]
- Consuming (un)cooked Human Steak or (un)cooked Fat harvested from Survivors corpses.
- Drinking water from a Pump or pond with with bloody hands after skinning a Survivor corpse.
Once infected: this infection will result in Brain Prion Disease and the symptoms below.
Symptoms:[edit | edit source]
- Tremors - resulting in shaky hands whilst aiming down sights of weapons.
- Random outbursts of laughter, audible to other nearby players.
Prevention:[edit | edit source]
- Avoid the consumption of (un)cooked Human Steak and/or Fat from Survivors where possible.
- Do not eat Raw or Cooked Fat if you are not sure of the origin.
- Be wary of players offering you these food items without verifying the source.
- Wash hands clean of blood after Skinning Survivors before eating or drinking non-Human products, especially with bare hands.
- Cooking the Human Steak or Survivor Fat first does not prevent contracting BPD.
Treatment:[edit | edit source]
Brain Prion Disease is incurable. Once infected, a survivor will retain visible and audible symptoms until death.