The Military Barracks are buildings that were used pre-outbreak to accomodate military and paramilitary units of Chernarus. Namedly, the Chernarussian Defence Forces. Their presence in DayZ Standalone is mostly within the bounds of Military Bases and other facilities.
These areas are notorious for bandit activity due to its high loot spawn rates. Unarmed survivors can quickly gear up in these areas; however it must be noted that the high amounts of loot in this area make them a target for snipers and bandits.
Variants[edit | edit source]
There are a multitude of different barrack types, with their design being hinged on their actual functionality.
Single-Floor[edit | edit source]
These barracks have a simple and singular purpose; to accommodate small platoons of CDF troops. They are all constructed with a single storey and are known for their reliability and abundance within military camps.
Officer's Barracks[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Officer's Barracks
- These are the more temporary fixtures, found at non-permanent locations such as the facilities at Balota Airstrip and the trainyard at Zelenogorsk. It is an army-green metal quonset hut with a single door and window. It is the smallest of the barracks, and has a similar loot capacity.
Floors 1 Entrances 1 Rooms 1
Single-Room Barracks[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Single-Room Barracks
- An open foundation with bunk beds that line each wall and lockers next to each.
Floors 1 Entrances 1 Rooms 1
Narrow Barracks[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Narrow Barracks
- The earliest accommodation design, with a washroom at the front and three individual quarters.
Floors 1 Entrances 1 Rooms 4
L-Shaped Barracks[edit | edit source]
Main Article: L-Shaped Barracks
- A large barrack with a coridoor, three bedrooms, and a toilet. Known for its rectangular protrusion where the entrance is situated.
Floors 1 Entrances 1 Rooms 5
Multi-Floor[edit | edit source]
These barracks differ from the conventional shape and size and seen in the latter. Their usage history can also differ from the norm.
Military Prison[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Military Prison
- These buildings are similar in shape and pattern to the ATC Towers, has room to house soldiers; contains an office, quarters upstairs, and a holding cell - where it gets its name.
Floors 2 Entrances 1 Rooms 3
Two-Storey Barracks[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Two-Storey Barracks
- Exclusive to the International Airfield, these barracks are large, rectangular concrete structures, which are often sought after for their close-quarters combat and their favourable loot yield. They contain multiple bedrooms and entrances.
Floors 2 Entrances 7 Rooms 14
Regimental Barracks[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Regimental Barracks
- This design of barrack is present at the Tisy and Kamensk military bases, and is known for its interesting design. The building itself is a run-down, two-storey building with shattered windows and many bedrooms which have been overturned.
Floors 3 Entrances 3 Rooms 10
Locations[edit | edit source]
Military Barracks can be found in the following locations:
- Military Base (Green Mountain): 2 Barracks
- Military Base (Tisy): 9 Barracks
- Military Base (Pavlovo): 4 Barracks
- Military Base (Veresnik): 7 Barracks
- Military Base (Zelenogorsk): 6 Barracks
- Military Base (Kamensk): 4 Barracks
- Storozh (Prison Island): 2 Barracks (+ 3 Civilian Barracks)
- Military Base (Bashnya): 8 Barracks
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The windows inside the barrack are bulletproof. It is unknown whether this is a bug or intentional.
- The windows inside the Four Room Barracks are bulletproof. It is unknown whether this is a bug or intentional.
- The Yellow Regimental Barrack was originally exclusive to Tisy's military base, up until 0.63 when Kamensk recieved it in place of underground removals.