SEI 08:53, 13 May 2012 (MDT) - Hi there - I have fixed some of your redirects (mostly redundant pages with same spellings) - Hope that is ok with you. I'm trying to keep redirect pages at a minimum. - You are doing a very good work - keep it up! Btw i (wrongly?) guessed that you where User:Smokie. - Cheers
 Random quotes on the Main Page
SEI 23:19, 14 May 2012 (MDT)
I was thinking to 'spice up' the main page with random Dayz quotes. Besides the lol then google likes pages that change often (better indexing) I'm not sure though that this 'automated' change will trigger at google but anyways.
I have been looking at extensions and found this 
Could be single line quotes like:
- "Zombies are going for brains so you are in no danger"
- "DayZ is a player versus everything, survival horror mod, where humans are just as murderous as zombies"
- "If you get a feeling you are being followed...You are"
I see that the release status is stable. - Anyways was just an idea...
SEI 08:06, 15 May 2012 (MDT) - As you might have noticed then i have added a Disclaimer to the "Disclaimers" link (visible on all pages) Why should the whole thing be so boring - What do you think? (PS: I'm working on the "All work is copyrighted to their respective owners" text)
- SEI 10:32, 15 May 2012 (MDT) - I just checked that online users is NOT excluded from the hit count :( - Is it possible for you to either find out how to exclude online users hits OR have an exclude IP list thingy (must be possible!) - So i probably have 200+ hits pr. day with my heavy editing! + others that edit mucho.
SEI 06:28, 16 May 2012 (MDT) - Hi I just write to remind you to check the "This is a minor edit" on the editpage if your edit is a minor one ,) - If you often do minor edits you can, in your user settings, make the checkbox checked on default, and then just remember to uncheck it at major edits. IMPORTANT: Remember to write (at major edits) what your edit was in the 'summary' textfield. - Cheers
- SEI 11:14, 16 May 2012 (MDT) - I was thinking (on longer term) if its possible to get a list of searchterms used when people try to find stuff. Would be a wonderful tool for us to add new info/pages that are often searched for! (just a brainstorm)
SEI 15:40, 16 May 2012 (MDT) - Hi wiki user with upload rights. Please take a look on this page DayZ:Image_Prefixes. If agreed upon that we TRY to use these prefixes i dont mind to take the heavy task renaming the current few pictures in the file list (have to download - upload with new name - change links on pages. peeew takes time - Since you cannot change the wiki filename (afaik) ) - Please comment on DayZ_talk:Image_Prefixes - Cheers
Welcome to DayZ wiki. As an registered user you can now edit the wiki. To help you get started you are advised to read the User Help page. If you haven't already then please do that now. You do not get extra beans as a wiki contributor but you help to make this wiki THE source for all survivors and bandits out there - Cheers from SEI 17:34, 16 May 2012 (MDT)
 Server space
 Allow SVG MIME files in upload
 New Logo
You can pt. put this logo on the site (i do not have access) if you like it:
- I have updated the logo (more visible "unOfficial" outline) - If you please put it on the server - thnx - sEi (Talk) 04:59, 22 May 2012 (MDT)
- ABOUT RANDOM:
* To give the page cache an expiration time insert these lines on LocalSettings.php: # Set cache expiration time $wgCacheEpoch = wfTimestamp( TS_MW, time() - 86400 ); # 60*60*24 = 1 day
- This would (maybe) make it work as intended. ATM it only choose a new quote when you edit or purge the page. - sEi (Talk) 05:09, 22 May 2012 (MDT)
 Extension:Data for weapon pages
As you might have read, SEi and I have been trying to work out the current problems with the multiple weapons pages (Talk:Weapons#comparable_table_instead_of_listing). I've been looking and checking for an extension which could fix our problems and I found one; 
Since it's not working out of the box (due MediaWiki updates) I've created a modified version which does work. This version can be downloaded at . It includes a readme which explains which steps needs to be taken and the required file to make the extension work.
When this extension is added I'll modify the weapons pages so it will use this new feature, which will make editing a lot easier. - Grezvany13 (User:Grezvany13) 03:32, 25 May 2012 (MDT)
- This  extension enable us to use advanced techniques when creating pages. Very much needed (I have WIP that require it) - Have a nice day - sEi (Talk) 10:49, 25 May 2012 (MDT)
Add the keywords META tag inside the HEAD tag.
<head> ..... <meta name="keywords" content="Dayz wiki,Dayzwiki,Dayz,Dayzmod,mod,arma2,arma,weapons,maps" /> ..... </head>
 Break out of frames
Put this in the <head> section of the HTML
 Needed Extensions
- Here is the searchlog thingy we talked about: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SearchLog
- And this is handy: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PageTrail
 Solution for duplicate and wrong weapon data
The data extention seems a little bugged which results in duplicate weapons and non-weapons at the Weapons page. I can't find a real solution for this, although a dirty fix might be to truncate the 'data_extension' and purge all the weapon (and city?) pages manually. This should remove everything, untill the weapon is added to this table again. I'm not sure if this could be done by a cron (due the purging), but I'll think it might be possible. - Grezvany13 (User:Grezvany13) 03:17, 8 June 2012 (MDT)
 Catch me on Steam
With the influx of spambots, you might want to install a CAPTCHA (reCAPTCHA or similar probably) for account registration. There's a fair chance you'll still get a few human spammers, but nowhere near the flood possible with bots. --Brettflan 02:17, 18 June 2012 (MDT) EDIT: pretty sure you're already on it after that last batch of spambots, but I figured I'd mention it just in case it might be helpful. --Brettflan 02:19, 18 June 2012 (MDT)
- I blocked all the spambots (with too long usernames) and I agree we should add some counter measures against those bots... - Grezvany13 (User:Grezvany13) 04:34, 18 June 2012 (MDT)
 Add infestion ,)
I have moved all the page banner adds to bottom of page. I got my morning tea in the wrong throat when i saw the sudden plastering of annoying adds in the top. And also especially on a page like Loot that has multiple pages inserted. It looked like a banner add wall and certainly not something i like to see (other visitors too i think!) - The 'banners' should be in a NOINCLUDE tag!
I believe the adds have same payout in the bottom where they do not disturb the same.
I think you should have consulted me before such a drastic change to the wiki. If you insist having them annoying adds in the top then please revert. But i would NOT like it at all!!!
(yes i have add block but not all our visitors have that and we are not here to make money!!! - I am ok with small not disturbing adds to cover server expenses! - you know that already!)
 Weapon page name changes
I have moved "AKS-74 Kobra" and "L85A2 AWS" to their new names. Result is they now show up 2 times in the weapons list. I do not know how you fixed the data thingy last time . But now would be a good idea to 'fix' it again! - sEi (Talk) 09:44, 27 June 2012 (MDT)
Thanks, I just had my wisdom teeth pulled so there wasn't very much else I could do around the house. If anything is incorrect, or outdated anyone feel free to change it. I just wanted to get it out there because it was like.... pulling teeth (bum bum tsst) trying to find all of the ammo in the game. Now that they're out there, I hope it helps everyone as much as it was as fun making it, because I learned a lot about the different bullets/bolts/rockets/grenades in the game while doing research :)