|You also need||
Can be placed anywhere except in a building
|Duration|| on the server where it is deployed:
|Location(s)||Residential/Civilian, General Military|
Tents are items that offer a source of storage to players. They do not save from server to server but on the originating server they were deployed on. Deployed tents cannot be stolen, however the items inside can be.
WARNING as of patch 126.96.36.199 tents will often reappear empty after server restarts regardless if the save command was used.
There are 3 item types:
- Weapons & Tools (All tools including Night Vision Goggles and Binoculars. All weapons including Sidearms).
- General items (p.e. ammo, vehicle parts, Blood Bags etc.).
A tent can hold a fixed amount of each item-type, within the item-type each item counts as one (unlike in the Inventory system). A tent can hold up to five backpacks, ten weapons & tools and fifty general items. For example one tent can hold five binoculars, five M4A1s, fourty STANAG mags, ten engine parts and five backpacks at the same time. If you place a filled backpack into the tent, the contents of the backpack will remain.
As of now the tent placement seems to be very bugged. Though, the following steps seem to fix most of these problems:
Crouch and enter first person view, look at the ground ahead of you, press G to open your gear and try to place the tent. It wont work the first time, so move back a little step using your S key and try again while your gear window is still open. Try this like 5-10 times, works!
It is possible to place tents very close to trees, even under them, also, the area doesn't have to be perfectly flat.
Additional tent info:
- It is movable after you set it up however you can't pick up someone's tent.
- You can have as many tents as you like.
- If you move a tent without taking the items they will appear in a big pile of loot nearby where the tent originally was.
- For now you have to use the "Save" command from the mouse wheel menu in order to properly save a tent although there still is a chance that a server will eat your tent no matter what.
- Tents are tied to servers and survive server restarts.
- Everyone can take items out of your tent (but not steal the tent).
- Can be placed anywhere except in a building.
- Tents disappear some days after you have died; you can make a new tent after your death or reclaim items from the existing one, however you cannot take it even if you own it. In 1.7 it appears that tents last much longer after death.
- Tents can be flattened by driving over with them with a vehicle or bicycle, all the contents will be destroyed. A server restart appears to fix the tent, however contents will remain missing.
- There is no way to tell if the tent is full, take care as you can lose items by overloading. Once overloaded the items will appear on the ground, around the tent.
- Tents sometimes don't appear after a server restart, restarting the server again will fix this problem.
- Tents (as of 188.8.131.52) can have 53 item slots inside. (excluding firearms)