Your body temperature determines how easy it is to get Infections, and if very low you will recieve the status effect Cold. Common temperature while day + running is 42°C (yes, so high, but still normal), while night is 35°C. NOTE: In 126.96.36.199 your temperature does not appear on the debug menu in game; temperature has to be monitored using the status icon in the lower right-hand corner of the HUD.
Like the other HUD icons, the temperature icon will begin to blink when nearing a critical state. When this happens, the player should try to increase their temperature as quickly as possible or face the possibility of obtaining a cold or infection.
You increase your body temperature by:
- Moving (very slow, faster movement speed will neutralise loss)
- Remaining near a Fireplace (very fast)
- Using a Heat Pack (Instant)
- Remaining inside buildings (slow)
- Staying in the sunshine (slow - moderate based on time of day)
- Sitting in Vehicles - Slow/moderate
Your body temperature will decrease when:
- You are outdoors at night (slow)
- You are outdoors in a rain storm (fast)
- You are outdoors in a windy environment (slow)
- You are immersed in water (Very fast)