From DayZ Wiki
|Category||Equipment > Other|
|Size||4 Slots (2x2)|
|Location(s)||Can only be crafted|
- — In-game description
How It Works:
To start a fire you'll need to:
- Craft a Fireplace Kit by combining wooden sticks and either a bandage or a rag.
- Place it on the ground
- At least one Firewood is required, but you can add up to 8 stones and 2 firewood.
- Ignite the fire by holding a Matchbox and lighting it up
Cooking with a Fireplace
- There are various types of Meat, that can be cooked, see Cooking
- You can put all kinds of Raw Meat through the "Vicinity" window in the lower slots of your cooking device.
- After you've put your Meat there, the Item Slot slowly becomes rose, light red and finally red.
- When you've waited for about 5 minutes, your Raw Meat will turn into a Cooked Meat, drag it into your inventory again.
- When you've waited too long or haven't kept your Meat in sight, the Meat will become burned and will make you Sick when eaten.
- NOTE: Some kinds of Raw Meat (e. g. the Carp) have to be sliced into a cookable resource (Raw Fish Fillet) using a Bladed Melee Weapon like the Kitchen Knife.
- NOTE: Keep an eye on your surroundings - other players may see the smoke of your fire rising above trees from afar, and seek it out.
- How easy it is to start a fire depends on wind strength and rain. Starting a fire in wind and/or rain will result in added difficulty in doing so successfully, and may also cause your fire to stop burning.