The Basics
You do not need to be an experienced writer in order to add info to this wiki. Here you have some tips on how to start your editing in the wiki.
What is most important is that you only add appropriate and valid information and not just guesswork or opinions.
 Editing Pages
It's very easy to edit the contents of the wiki. It only takes a few clicks.
- Click the "Edit" page tab at the top of the page.
- Make changes to the text.
- Click the "Save page" button.
Simple as that!
You can test out how to edit on the Sandbox page
The number one rule of wiki editing, is to be bold. Dive in and make changes. Other people can correct mistakes later, so have confidence, and give it a try! There can be all kinds of editing conventions, rules, and philosophy governing the editing of wiki pages, but the "be bold" rule overrides these!
In general try to write clearly and concisely and make sure you are always aiming to do something which improves the wiki contents. An edit might be to contribute whole paragraphs or pages full of information, or it could be as simple as fixing a typo or spelling mistake.
When you need to use some type of formatting e.g. new headings or bold text, you do this using wiki syntax or the buttons in the Edit Toolbar above. See Help:Formatting for some of the common types of formatting used.
It's a good idea to use the "Show preview" button to see what your change will look like, before you save it. This is also related to tracking changes because every time you save, this is displayed to others as a separate change. This isn't something to worry about too much, but it's good to get into the habit of eliminating mistakes in your own work, by using a preview before saving, rather than saving several minor corrections afterwards.
 Starting a New Page
DayZ Wiki is using Capitalized page titles.
- Hunting Knife
- Towns and Cities (Use and not &. Do not capitalize words like and/of/to...) -
DayzWiki makes it very easy to link wiki pages using a standard syntax (see Links). If you (or anyone else) create a link to an article that doesn't exist yet, the link will be coloured red, like this.
Clicking a red link will take you to the edit page for the new article. Simply type your text, click save and the new page will be created.
Once the page has been created, the link will change from red to blue (purple for pages you've visited) indicating that the article now exists.
Usually this is the best way to create a new page, because it means that right from the start, the page will be linked from at least one other place on the wiki (and typically you will want to mesh it into other related pages later). If you are creating a new page without creating any link to it, you may need to ask yourself: Does this page really fit in with the topics already covered in the wiki? Also, how are you expecting visitors to find this page? Normally there is no reason to create a page without first creating a red link to it.
 Deleting a Page
This is not possible for normal Users. In order to get a certain page deleted then post a note on an admins (Users List) talkpage. Example: To post on admin sEi's talkpage then press this link: SEi (User:SEi) and write what page you want deleted and why. He will then get a notice about your post next time he log on to the wiki, and will take action accordingly. (Note: you can post to any user member of the admin group)
 Advanced use
 Editing Pages
When editing the wiki please take note on the following:
- Before saving an edit in any page then take the time to fill out the 'summary' with info about your edit. The text you put there is displayed in Recent changes and helps giving a better overview of what is going on in the wiki. - This is not as much needed in minor edits and typo corrections, and you can leave the field empty when you save.
- Before you save your edit think about if it is a major or minor edit, and check the "This is a minor edit" checkbox accordingly. Changing layout, adding headings, much text edit/add... is Major edits. Fixing typos, links, adding short texts and the like is a Minor edit
 Using Talk pages
All pages have an associated Talk/Discussion page. You can use them to discuss topics regarding the wiki page.
When writing on a Talkpage then always sign your message with your signature.
You do that by adding 4 tildes, like this: ~~~~ to the page.Your signature wil automagically be created when you save the page.
Eg. If you want to make a major change in a pagelayout or the like. Then it is a good idea to first post the proposal on the talkpage and see if other users agree or have regards to certain topics.
 Message to a User
- If you post on a Users Talkpage then the user will be alerted next time he visits the wiki
Users with upload rights are able to upload pictures to the wiki. Contact an Admin on his TalkPage in order to get upload rights (see above how to do that)
- See here about file naming (prefixes and MIME): DayZ:Image_Prefixes
If you are going to be adding screengrab images to the wiki, please follow these guidelines:
- Set the absolute highest graphical options possible
- Change your 3D resolution to 100%
- Crop if necessary, don't leave a ton of 'empty' space for the image
- Optionally, you can edit your images for better colors and clarity.
 More help
- Extensive Help - About Reading, Editing, Advanced editing and Personal customization