- This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Temperature
Temperature in DayZ Standalone is an ever-present danger. Your body temperature determines how easy it is to get Infections, and if very low you will receive the status effect Cold. Common temperature while day + running is 42°C (107.6°F), while night is 35°C (95°F).
In DayZ, the temperature will vary, even during the day. The Weather is a factor in how warm or cold you are.
Your breath will gauge if it is cold outside, if you can see your breath, get some pants on!
You increase your body temperature by:
- Moving (very slow, faster movement speed will neutralize loss)
- Remaining near a Fireplace (very fast)
- Remaining inside buildings (slow)
- Staying in the sunshine (slow - moderate based on time of day)
Your body temperature will decrease when:
- You are outdoors at night (slow)
- You are outdoors in a rain storm (fast)
- You are outdoors in a windy environment (slow)
- You are immersed in water (Very fast)