|Category||Weapons > Rifles|
|Size||21 Slots (7x3)|
|Fire Modes||Bolt Action|
|Effective Range||300m - 900m|
|Rate of Fire||Slow|
up to 300m (no scope)|
50 to 300m (PU Scope)
|Sights & Optics||PU Scope|
|Compensators||Mosin M44 Compensator|
|Wraps||Ghillie Gun Wrap|
|Location||Residential/Civilian, Industrial, Farms|
|Colours||Wood, Black, Green, Camo|
|Variants||Mosin 9130, Sawed-off Mosin 9130|
“The Mosin-Nagant is a bolt-action, internal magazine-fed, military rifle, developed by the Imperial Russian Army in 1882-1891, and used by the armed forces of the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union and various other nations. — In-game description
The Mosin 91/30 is a bolt-action, internal magazine-fed rifle chambered for the 7.62x54mmR round. It is highly powerful, and can be fitted with a wide variety of attachments despite its age.
Background[edit | edit source]
The gun is based on the Mosin-Nagant M1891/30, which is an upgraded version of the original '1891' variant introduced in 1930 and 1931. It was the standard rifle for the Soviet military from 1930 to 1944. It was replaced by the SKS rifle, which was in turn after a few years quickly replaced by the AK series of rifles. However, many millions were manufactured and exported throughout the Soviet Union and its satellite states, as well as many allies. This, coupled with the relative availability of ammunition and inexpensive cost has resulted in the rifle's use in many wars, including the Korean War, Vietnam War, and has even seen use in recent conflicts like Afghanistan.
Attachments[edit | edit source]
The Mosin 9130 has a few attachments which can be found in various buildings.
- Sights and Optics
- Barrel Attachments
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mosin 91/30 can be considered a replacement of the Lee-Enfield from the Mod as "The Dinnerbell Rifle". This nickname comes from the loud sound it makes upon firing, "Ringing the dinnerbell" to nearby zombies
- The rifle's in-game receiver is "hexagonal", with the front-receiver bridge being angled into half a hexagon, rather than round. The in-game model has a manufacture date stamp of the mid-30s, which makes the hexagonal front-receiver bridge anachronistic, as the transition from hexagonal to round receiver bridges took place between 1930 and 1936
- The in-game model features a bent-bolt handle, while in real life only PU Sniper models have a bent-bolt handle. It is also much shorter than an actual PU sniper's rifle bolt handle would be
- The iron sight on a 91/30 feature elevating rear sights starting at 300m and can be raised to fire out to 1000m, or lowered down to 100m. The real rifle's rear sight can be set to 2000m
- The long length of this rifle makes it difficult to wield up close. At times the barrel even penetrates through a zombie or player making your shot fired behind the target with no damage
- The Mosin Nagant (in real life and in video games) is known in some internet communities as the "Moist Nugget" - the latter usually just as "Nugget." This information is useful in case the colloquialism is heard in in-game chat.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
The gun can be spraypainted Green, Black or Camo to make it less visible: