This page covers the Mod version of DayZ. For information on the Standalone see Vehicles
There are numerous vehicles present in DayZ, usually in poor repair or completely non-functioning. They spawn in various locations across Chernarus and can be difficult to locate due to high player numbers
They allow for relatively easy travel, but are considered a high value object to all players so caution should be used when using, repairing or attacking them.
- 1 Refueling
- 2 Repairing Vehicles
- 3 Vehicles
- 4 Aircraft
- 5 Naval
- 6 Spawn Locations of Vehicles
- 7 Vehicle FAQ
- 8 Tips
Refueling[edit | edit source]
Refueling vehicles requires a Jerry Can (20L) or Fuel Can (5L). Typically fuel cans are full when found, but will require refilling eventually. This can be done by approaching the large fuel tanks with the can in your main inventory, and selecting the Refill option with your mouse wheel. This process is instant.
Once you have a full fuel can, approach the vehicle and select the Refuel option. This will start the refueling animation, moving during this will cancel the refuel and require you to restart the process.
If you are unable to locate a fuel tank to fill your fuel cans, you can siphon fuel from another vehicle whilst having the can equipment. Simply approach the vehicle and select the siphon option; be mindful that siphoning requires a hose.
Repairing Vehicles[edit | edit source]
see: Vehicle Repair
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
|Name||Capacity||Speed||Fuel Capacity (Cans)||Rarity|
|Running by foot||1||12||2||1||18 KM/H||18 KM/H||N/A||N/A|
|ATV||2||50||10||2||110 KM/H||75 KM/H||30 L (1.5)||Common (12 Per Server)|
|Bus||24||50||10||2||90 KM/H||40 KM/H||100 L (5)||Rare (2 Per Server)|
|Old Bike||1||0||0||0||51 KM/H||44 KM/H||N/A||Common ( 16 per server)|
|GAZ||4||50||10||2||114 KM/H||24 KM/H||200 L (10)||Rare (1 Per Server)|
|Military Offroad||9||50||10||2||111 KM/H||44 KM/H||200 L (10)||Rare (1 Per Server)|
|Motorcycle||2||5||0||0||84 KM/H||55 KM/H||55 L (2.25)||Common (4 per server)|
|Offroad Pickup Truck||2||50||10||2||108 KM/H||48 KM/H||100 L (5)||Uncommon (2 per server)|
|Old Hatchback||4||50||10||2||101 KM/H||24 KM/H||50 L (2.5)||Rare (1 per server)|
|Pickup Truck||2||50||N/A||N/A||97-105 KM/H||37-45 KM/H||200 L (10)||Rare (1 per server)|
|S1203 Van||6||50||4||2||93 KM/H||42 KM/H||60 L (3)||Rare (1 per server)|
|Skoda||4||75||10||2||80 KM/H||17 KM/H||200 L (10)||Rare (1 per server)|
|Tractor||1||50||10||N/A||53 KM/H||39 KM/H||100 L (5)||Common (4 per server)|
|UAZ||7||50||10||7||83 KM/H||48 KM/H||100 L (5)||Rare (1 per server)|
|Ural Civilian||12||200||50||8||75 KM/H||45 KM/H||200 L (10)||Rare (1 per server)|
|SUV||6||50||10||2||119 KM/H||55 KM/H||200 L (10)||Rare (1 per server)|
|V3S Civilian||14||200||50||8||75 KM/H||45 KM/H||160 L (8)||Rare (1 per server)|
|HMMWV||4||120||4||4||119 KM/H||56 KM/H||100 L (5)||Rare (1 per server)|
|Pickup PKM||5||50||5||?||97-105 KM/H||37-45 KM/H||Rare (1 per server)|
|Offroad DShKM||5||50||5||?||97-105 KM/H||37-45 KM/H||Rare (1 per server)|
Aircraft[edit | edit source]
|Name||Capacity||Speed||Fuel Capacity (Cans)||Rarity||Armor Rating|
|AH6X||2||20||3||1||150 KM/H||1000 L (50)||Rare (1 per server)||XX|
|AN-2||12||100||6||N/A||240 KM/H||400 L (23)||Variable||XX|
|MH6J||6||N/A||N/A||N/A||230 KM/H||600 L||Variable||XX|
|MI-17||18||20||10||3||240 KM/H||1000 L (50)||Variable||25|
|UH-1H||8||20||3||1||250 KM/H||1000 L (50)||Rare (1 per server)||XX|
[edit | edit source]
|Name||Capacity||Speed||Fuel Capacity (Cans)||Rarity|
|Fishing Boat||2||400||40||8||42 KM/H||100 L (5)||Rare (1 per server)|
|Small Boat||6||None||None||None||14 KM/H||100 L (5)||Uncommon (2 per server)|
|PBX||4||None||None||None||70 KM/H||100 L (5)||Rare (1 per server)|
Spawn Locations of Vehicles[edit | edit source]
All spawn locations below have been confirmed.
Note: GR stands for the Map Coordinates. The first three Numbers are the top/bottom numbers on your map, the last three are the Left/Right numbers of your map.
UAZ[edit | edit source]
- Near NE airfield hangars and control tower
- At Stary Military Camp
- At International Hotel in Cherno
- At Green Mountain
- Half sunken, on the edge of Black Lake SE of NEAF
- In a hangar at Balota airfield
- Far West of Gorka at the end of the Dirt Road at Altar (GR: 081060)
Skoda[edit | edit source]
- Found in Tulga (GR: 128109)
- Next to the grey Lada(unusable) on Stary Military Camp
- Southern part of Prigorodky, near the road.
ATV[edit | edit source]
- At top of mountain dirt trail NW of NWAF
- At Green Mountain. (GR: 037093)
- Two at top of a hill South-South East of Krasnostav. (GR: 114039)
- Two spawn on top of the hill directly NE of Cap Golovo (Lighthouse between Cherno and Elektro) (GR: 088124)
- Outside Berezino hospital
- To the left of the northern most bus stop in Chernogorsk (GR: 065124)
- South East of Gvozno in the field, near a building (GR: 091043)
- On the Dirt Road North of Guglovo that leads to Gorka (GR: 085073)
- At the green house between Novy and Guglovo (GR: 080082)
- At the small building West of the green house between Novy and Guglovo (GR: 079081)
- Two Old Bikes spawn at the Lighthouse between Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk (GR: 083128)
- At Prigorodki at the three Barns (GR: 080119)
- At the Stary Sobor Military Base
- On the main road leading North/North West out of Komarovo
- On the main road, next to the railroads, west of Komarovo (Right North of the lighthouse on the shore)
- In Mod:Zelenogorsk on the main road that leads to the East
- On the secondary road that leads south out of Bor (Closest to Komarovo)
- In between the apartments at Chernogorsk
- Olsha Mountain next to a big radio tower. (Near to the airstrip in the north east of Krasnostav at the east coast)
GAZ[edit | edit source]
- At the three Gorka barns
- At the gas station east of Gorka
- Zeleno supermarket
- In the small complex between Drakon island and Elektrozavodsk.
- Near the shore south of Prigorodki
- East end of Balota airfield, inside warehouse.
- Along the northernmost road in Chernogorsk
UH-1H[edit | edit source]
220.127.116.11 and new Versions
- Just outside the cattle shed on the west side of Staroye. (GR:?)
- Northern end of Solnichniy. (GR:?)
- At the north part of Skalisty Island next to a house. (GR:133121)
- Skalka Hill (GR:021025)
- Inside hanger at NEAF
- On the roof of Elektrozavodsk Hospital
Please Note: As of update 18.104.22.168 the spawn locations for Hueys have been changed and only one Huey will spawn on each server.
- Beside a house near the northern barns/factory area near Myshinko (GR: 016075)
- In a gated/fenced-off area on the west-side of Prigorodki
- In the large sheet-metal building in Dolina
- At a set of barns West of Zelnogorsk (GR: 017102)
- Next to the grey Lada(unusable) on Stary Sobor Military Camp
Bus[edit | edit source]
- On the road immediately southwest of Vybor
- At the Polana general store
- In the red hangar in Kozlovka
- In the Stary Sobor near Barracks
- On the Main road in Elektrozavodsk
- On the Main road in Chernogorsk
- At the topmost roadblock in Komarovo
- At the gas station in Solnichniy
- Near factory on the north of Dolina (GR: 115076)
- In front of Supermarket in Vybor (GR: 038064)
- Next to the warehouse in Krasnostav (GR: 118029)
- Close to Olsha,in a garage at the main road
- In the fields behind Stary Sobor
- On the road between the factory north of Dolina and Polana
- On the main road in Kamyshovo
- In the football field near the military camp in Berezino
- On the gas station north of Solnichniy (GR:133087)
V3S[edit | edit source]
- In the Quarry at Solnichniy (GR: 132092)
- In Kamyshovo as you enter the town from electrozavodsk
Ural[edit | edit source]
- Small complex of buildings along the road between Grozovoy Pass and Lopatino (GR:019029)
- House at the end of the dirt road South South-West of Lopatino
- Right across the street from church in Pustoshka
- At end of a NW road coming from near NE Airfield, north of Mt Ostry (GR:109020) unconfirmed
- Right of NW airfield.
- Near church in Mogilevka
- Off the coast of Cap Golova
- Along the shoreline/in the docks along Berezino
- In the docks in Kamyshovo (GR : 119 121)
PBX[edit | edit source]
- Guba Bay, North of Berezino (GR: 135015)
- Entrance of the far NE Cove of Chernarus, North of Black Lake (GR:015135)
- Along the coast between Berezino and Nizhnoye
Vehicle FAQ[edit | edit source]
Are all vehicles repairable?
- No, only the ones that can be entered. Even vehicles that have recently exploded cannot be repaired.
Can I save items inside backpacks, which are inside vehicles?
- Any items you store into backpacks and store inside a vehicle will only be saved until the next server restart.
Will my vehicle stay where I left it?
- Exiting out of a vehicle will save the location.
- Other people can (and will) take or destroy the vehicle if they find it.
- If a vehicle is unused, bugged or left, it will respawn after a minimum of 7 days.
Do all the vehicles look like the ones in the pictures?
- No, they can have many different paint jobs. For example, you can find a Red GAZ with a black interior or a motorcycle with flame decals on it.
Do all vehicles have gear access?
- Yes, apart from some watercraft and the Old Bike, all vehicles can have gear access. If you cannot find the gear tab on the outside of the vehicle. Jump in back seat, scroll down to gear and select it. This will open the vehicles gear slots. If you can't find the gear slot even when inside the vehicle, switch to driver's seat then back to back seat. This can overcome the issues people have with the buses etc. You may also press "M" and then go to units, gear, you will be able to transfer items to and from you inventory->Vehicle and visa versa.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Vehicles are very fragile. Although (depending on the size) you can drive over fences and other objects it is highly recommended to avoid any collision with the environment.
- While in a vehicle with wheels, or watercraft, you can use three different keys for acceleration. Q is for slower speeds, W lets you go faster, while holding E gets you going as fast as possible. (This does not work with helicopters, as pressing E will possibly send you in a nosedive.
- When you have spotted a vehicle in a town or an airfield, be careful for it may be a trap.