- This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Map
- This page covers the item Map, for the actual map see the article Chernarus+.
|Category||Equipment > Other|
- "Tourist map of the region of Chernarus. Shows all the roads, building's, points of interest and terrain."
- — In-game description
Maps are items used to navigate between the different locations across Chernarus. There are a number of different maps, including quarter maps and half maps, and a complete map. Map pieces (quarters and halves) can be combined together to form a complete map.
These are commonly found in gas stations and in parked/destroyed cars. They can be accessed through the inventory or by setting a hotkey. Each map item use up one Inventory slot. Maps can be used to place custom map markers, which are shared between all other survivors in the channel.
- Quarter Maps
They are the most common loot spawn map item found in-game. Though small, these maps have a much higher maximum zoom than the map of all Chernarus.
- Half Maps
Can be found in game, or can crafted by combining two adjacent quarter maps e.g. North with South, East with West, but not West and North.
- Whole Map
A map of the entirety of Chernarus can be created by combining two opposite half maps (ie. North and South or East and West).
|Quarter Maps||Half Maps|
Custom Map Markers
Custom map markers can be placed on the map, these markers will be visible to all the players in this channel.
- To add a marker, double click on the map when the map is fullscreen. A marker will show where you clicked.
- You can change it's color by pressing SHIFT-UP/DOWN.
- You can also use Icons on the map by pressing ALT-UP/DOWN which will cycle to all the possible icons.
- Deleting a marker can be done by pointing to it with your mouse and then pressing DELETE.