- This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Map
- This page covers the item Map, for the actual map see the article Chernarus+.
|Category||Equipment > Other|
- — In-game description
Maps are items used to navigate between the different locations across Chernarus. There are a number of different maps, including a complete map, city maps, and region maps. The pieces can be combined together to form a bigger, or complete, map.
The Maps are commonly found in gas stations and in parked/destroyed cars. They can be accessed through the inventory or by setting a hotkey. Each map item use up one Inventory slot. Maps can be used to place custom map markers, which are shared between all other survivors in the channel.
See also the list of Towns and Cities (with Russian city names).
- Quarter Maps
They are the most common loot spawn map item found in-game. Though small, these maps have a much higher maximum zoom than the map of all Chernarus.
- Half Maps
Can be found in game, or can crafted by combining two adjacent quarter maps e.g. North with South, East with West, but not West and North.
- Whole Map
A map of the entirety of Chernarus can be created by combining two opposite half maps (ie. North and South or East and West).
|Quarter Maps||Half Maps||City Maps|
Custom map markers
Custom map markers can be placed on the map, these markers will be visible to all the players in this channel.
- To add a marker simply double click on the map when the map is fullscreen. A marker will show where you clicked.
- You can change it's color by pressing SHIFT-UP/DOWN.
- You can also use Icons on the map by pressing ALT-UP/DOWN which will cycle to all the possible icons.
- Deleting a marker can be done by pointing to it with your mouse and then pressing DELETE.