Crafting is an ability all players can perform in DayZ Standalone in which they may combine or transform one or multiple items to produce a new item or change a state of one.
Crafting items is done by having the applicable items in your main inventory and right-clicking on the starter item, or dragging an item over another, in which case a menu will appear showing possible actions that item can be used in. If that item can be used in multiple recipes, those recipes will also display. An orange colour around an item being dragged ontop of another indicates that they can be combined in some way.
NOTE: Page is work in progress (WIP)
- Combining Gear
- Improvised Backpacks
- Improvised Camouflage
- Natural Leather Clothing
- Shirts, Bandanas - when not equipped, can be torn into Rags. Rags can be used to bandage yourself wheen bleeding or to craft a Wooden Splint.
- Combining a Repair Kit with a clothing items will improve its condition (e.g. from "Damaged" to "Worn").
Splints -- for broken bones.
Saline/Blood bags -- for replenishing Blood.
- Shirts, T-Shirts and Bandanas can be torn into Rags (amount acquired depends on the size of the item that is used)
- Rags and Bandages can be combined with Alcohol Tincture to improve their condition (e.g. from "Damaged" to "Worn".
Containers -- used for carrying water or other liquids.
Fireplacekit and Gas Stove -- accessories used in Cooking.
- Can Opener and Bladed Melee Weapons (Axes, Screwdriver, Knives) can be used to open Canned Item, however, using anything besides a Can Opener will spill some of the Can contents.
- Gas Canister can be combined with Portable Gas Stove and a Frying Pan or Cooking Pot to create a place to Cook.
- After caught, a Carp can be combined with a Bladed Melee Weapon to create 2 Raw Fish Fillets.
Spraypaint -- can be applied to weapons and individual attachments (for complete list of paintable, items see spraypainting).
Improvised Bow and Arrows
Improvised Weapon Attachments
- Combining a Repair Kit with a weapon items will improve its condition (e.g. from "Damaged" to "Worn").
- Map - Pieces of maps can be combined together to form a bigger, or complete, map. (ex: North with South, East with West. West and North will not combine together)
- Alkaline Battery 9V can be combined with various electrical devices to power them.