Crafting is an ability all players can perform in DayZ Standalone in which they may combine or transform one or multiple items to produce a new item or change a state of one.
Crafting can be performed by right clicking an item, or dragging an item over another, in which case a menu will appear showing possible actions. An orange colour around an item being dragged ontop of another indicates that they can be combined in some way.
NOTE: Page is work in progress (WIP)
- Shirts, Bandanas - when not equipped, can be torn into Rags. Rags can be used to bandage yourself or to craft a Wooden Splint.
- Combining a Sewing Kit or Duct Tape with the most of the Clothing items will improve its condition (e.g. from "Damaged" to "Worn").
- Shirts, T-Shirts and Bandanas can be torn into Rags (amount acquired depends on the size of the item that is used)
- Rags and Bandages can be combined with Alcohol Tincture to improve their condition (e.g. from "Damaged" to "Worn")
- Can Opener and Bladed Melee Weapons (Axes, Screwdriver, Knives) can be used to open Canned Item.
- Gas Canister can be combined with Portable Gas Stove and a Frying Pan or Cooking Pot to create a place to Cook.
- After caught, a Carp can be combined with a Bladed Melee Weapon to create 2 Raw Fish Fillets.
Note: For more paintable items, See Spraypaint
- Map - Pieces of maps can be combined together to form a bigger, or complete, map. (ex: North with South, East with West. West and North will not combine together)
- Gas Canisters + Portable Gas Lamp = Portable Gas Lamp