Blood Bag IV
|Blood Bag IV|
|Category||Medical > Blood Transfusion|
|Size||2 Slot (1x2)|
“Whole blood product in CPDA Solution. Will last over a month when refrigerated, less than a day when not. Requires crafting on an IV Start Kit to administer transfusion. — In-game description
The Blood Bag is an uncommon medical item that can be used for blood transfusions. From the player's perspective, one would need to use the blood bag with an IV Start kit on another player, and once the bag was filled, have another player use it on one with another IV Start kit. However, before blindly accepting blood from another player, one should verify their blood type using a Blood Testing Kit, as one can become ill by using incompatible blood or blood from a sick player.
Precautionary Note: Blood may be contaminated if handled by, or taken from, an ill player. The disease will transmit to its recipient.
- Syringe (Is not needed in 0.32.114557) - To acquire a donor's or a recipient's blood for testing. (Tip: O- is the universal donor blood type)
- Blood Testing Kit - A blood test must be performed to check for compatibility, players that receive blood of an incompatible type will die after a very short period of time. (Tip: O- is the universal donor blood type) See Blood type
- Blood Bag Kit
- 2 Players (Assistant/Recipient and Donor)
1. The donor and/or recipient must have a blood test performed on him using a blood testing kit. This is to check for compatibility between the two players. If compatible, proceed to 2.
2. Assistant or recipient must equip the Blood bag kit into his hands, stand in close proximity to the donor and use the blood bag kit, an action will be performed to harvest the blood, and the donor will lose 1000 blood.
3. Pick-up the filled blood bag from the ground (only when inventory cannot accommodate the filled blood bag - 2 vertical slots) or keep the blood for later use.
4. Follow delivery procedure below for applying a blood transfusion.
Precautionary Note: Blood may be contaminated if handled ny or taken from an ill player, the disease will transmit to its recipient.
1. Combine the filled blood bag with an IV Start Kit so it may be injected into the recipient player.
2. Donor/Assistant must hold the Blood Bag Kit with attached IV in his hands, stand in close proximity to the recipient and apply the blood bag kit, an action will be performed to transfuse the blood, the recipient will receive 1000 blood.