|Magazine Type(s)||AS50 Mag (5Rnd.), M107 Mag (10Rnd.)|
|Damage||37552 Blood (M107)/174205 Blood (AS50)|
|Shots to Kill|| body:
|Rate of Fire||Moderate|
|Zeroing||Yes (up to 1600m)|
|Location(s)||Heli Crash Site|
The AS50 was removed by patch 1.7.7. Bullets damage will be reduced to zero to prevent hacked in weapons from being used.
The Accuracy International AS50 is a British anti-material .50 BMG sniper rifle. A gas-operated semi-automatic action, free-floating barrel, and muzzle brake provide the weapon system with rapid target acquisition, low recoil, and a ballistic precision of 1.5 MOA (minutes of arc). The AS50 is light, easy to disassemble, and serviceable in the field without tools. Although similar to the M107, the AS50 is more accurate (1.5 vs. 3.0 MOA), displays less recoil, and generates less noise when fired. It produces the same damage (37552 blood points) as the M107 when utilizing 12.7x99mm (M107 Mag) ammunition, but demonstrates a higher muzzle velocity, reduced bullet drop, and increased damage (174205 blood points) when paired with 12.7x99mm NATO (AS50 Mag) ammunition. A single 12.7x99 NATO round (from an AS50 Mag) will disable a vehicle when directed at the engine block.
The relative size of the AS50 cannot be overstated; the barrel extends well above the player's head while slung and will often protrude from concealment (e.g. bushes, trees, etc.) when the sniper is prone. While viewing in first person mode, the AS50 may create a non-trivial blind spot on the shooter's right side; some players may find this obstruction unsuitable when travelling with the weapon equipped.
Other Videos: VIDEO: Tutorial of the AS50
- The AS50’s scope features 3x/12x magnification (no continuous zoom) and utilizes the MIL-DOT reticle system. When used by a trained operator, it provides accurate range estimates to a target of known width or height. If the target's range is known, a target's height or width may be deduced. Similarly, accurate holdover/moving lead corrections may be leveraged to compensate for bullet drop/target speed.
- The AS50's weapon zero range can be manually adjusted to the following distances [m]: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600.
- To cycle the scope's 3x/12x magnification levels, press "+" and "-" on the keypad.
- To estimate the range to a standing player/target (height = 1.8m) while using the AS50 with 12x magnification, use the following formula: r = 1425/h (r is the target's range in meters and h is the target's height in mils). A standing player that is 5 mils tall will be 275 m from the AS50 operator.
- To estimate the range to a crouched player/target (height = 1.3m) while using the AS50 with 12x magnification, use the following formula: r = 1000/h (r is the target's range in meters and h is the target's height in mils). A crouched player that is 2 mils tall will be approximately 500 m from the AS50 operator.
- Community MIL-DOT reference: 
- When paired with the AS50 rounds, it is similar in loudness to an Assault Rifle. M107 rounds are a bit louder, making the noise 'high', though no where near as loud as the M107 itself.
- There exist some lingering TWS (Thermal Weapons Sight) versions of this rifle in DayZ. They were previously removed from spawns in the 1.5.x update but sometimes do re-appear, most likely from a veteran losing it or a hacker spawning it into the game.
- The AS50 scope is not compatible with NVGs.
- The AS50 is still lethal out to 5.3 km.